<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Morning Reality Check

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Morning Reality Check

Good morning fellow bloggers and blog-readers.

I am the kind of person who absolutely loves her sleep. I will set my alarm to the very latest minute allowing the possibility of being ready for work on time. Lately, I have been trying to get in the habit of waking up a bit earlier in an effort to make for a smoother day. Most mornings I fail and the "snooze" button wins. This morning was no different.

After pushing "snooze" I was rapidly falling back asleep until my four-legged children let me know that it was potty time. Reluctantly, I got out of bed with plenty of time before work. My amazing boyfriend brought me a delicious cup of coffee as I settled into the couch. Turning on the tv, I decided to see what was going on in the world by turning on the news. Flipping through the local news channels I quickly grew irritated. Apparently, the most important bit of news this morning is the Bachelorette finale. 

I am all for some guilty-pleasure reality tv. Although I am not a fan of shows like the Bachelorette, I do enjoy the feisty Master Chef and occasionally get sucked into the very catty Real Housewives series. But when I turn on the tv in search of informative news so that I may have some clue about current events, I really don't give a crap who the Bachelorette picked from the dating test tube created for this show. Not bagging on the show itself, I am sure that if I got sucked in to it I would be sitting there with my glass of champagne at a finale party with all of my girlfriends. I just think that there are so many more important things that could be discussed on the morning news. Instead of informing the millions of American viewers on current national and international events, the news gives us an "exclusive" interview with the Bachelorette and her new fiance.

Sigh of relief...now that I got a morning rant in, I can enjoy the rest of my day. :)

Have a great one people,
Sam

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home