<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: I'm back!

Friday, March 2, 2012

I'm back!

       Let me start with an apology, to myself and to the very few readers I actually had. When I started this blog it was simply a place to write down what was on my mind when I felt like it. I wasn't very disciplined with it and in no way consistent. Eventually, I hadn't written anything in months. Having felt unaccomplished lately, I was checking up on Facebook when I came across an old friend who regularly posted links to her own blog. Curious, I followed the link and found myself catching up on her well maintained and very entertaining blog. Like turning on a light bulb, I suddenly had a rush of inspiration.


       I have been trying to get a job in the seemingly shrinking publishing industry since I graduated college last May. The few jobs available that I send my resume to, I never hear a peep from. The hopeless feeling had started to set in and upon reading my friends blog I realized that I am going to have to make things happen for myself. My generation of college graduates doesn't have the luxury of a bountiful job market. Many of my fellow graduates have had to find success on their own, many becoming entrepreneurs. I may be following in their footsteps.


       The first step for me is to write, write, and write some more. You would think that four years of writing college papers would have engrained the principle of discipline in my brain, but it looks like I am going to have to learn those good habits all over again. I spend countless hours browsing Pinterest and stalking old classmates on Facebook. I need to be taking advantage of those outlets instead of becoming a slave to them. Look at me, getting all preachy.


       Maybe one day I will look back on this part of my life and laugh. Maybe all it takes is initiative and perseverance. I imagine I'd feel ever more accomplished if I achieved my goals on my own. Graduating college felt absolutely amazing. I doubt I would have felt as much joy as I did if I hadn't done it on my own, without any help from my parents. I can't wait to have that feeling again, to be proud of myself.


      So, again, I am sorry to my very few readers and to myself. I will strive to be the writer I know I can become. I hope to better myself as a writer and entertain my handful of readers. Feedback is always welcomed.


Cheers to moving forward,
Sam
      

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM , Blogger QueenBeeto3 said...

Love you Sam! You are the best of the best!!!!

 

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home