<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Who's Feeling Lucky?

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Who's Feeling Lucky?

Well, I didn't win the lottery last night. I know, surprise, surprise. My chances were pretty much zero, but I couldn't resist. We were talking about it at work over the weekend. The Mega Lotto had gone up to $363 million dollars. Holy crap! I can't even begin to think what I would do with my share after taxes. Of course, I wasn't expecting to win. Especially since the Mega Lotto is not just for California residents but also includes 42 other states. Nevertheless, I scrounged together a couple bucks in change and bought a few tickets when I went to pick up my Redbox movie.

I didn't win, but neither did anyone else. I feel the cat-like smile stretch across my face as I type this. Gambling is fun. Not like the "gamble away your life savings on the horses" type of gambling, just the occasional trip to Vegas with a specified budget or the occasional $1 lotto ticket. It's exciting. Even though I know I am not holding the winning ticket, I carefully check my numbers against the winning numbers. Someone has to win, and since I had bought a ticket, that person could technically be me. So why not buy a ticket now and then?

Can you imagine having that kind of money? I can't even fathom where it would all go. I'm not a greedy person. I don't believe I have to be rich to be happy, financially comfortable will do just fine. But who wouldn't want to win the lotto? I hear that most people who win become bankrupt from over extending their winnings. You know, buying a multi-million dollar house that they can't afford the property taxes on for the rest of their life or falling for the many investment scams that come out of the woodworks to prey on these winners. Stuff like that. I think I would be smart about it, after all, my boyfriend is a financial advisor in training.

A comfortable house that I could buy outright and keep up the tax payments on, even after the winnings are gone. A new car, mine is pretty much a piece of crap. Spoil my family some, who wouldn't? I would definitely donate, maybe buy a ranch somewhere and start a rescue organization. I would save for my future kids' futures. With a couple hundred million dollars, I think I would be able to do a lot. Invest in myself, maybe fund my own publishing company. Ahh, sounds magical!

What would you do with $500 million? That is now the winning pot for the Mega Lotto since no one won last night. Makes you  want to scrounge up some extra change lying around the house and go buy a ticket, doesn't it? I probably will. You can't win if you don't play, ladies and gentlemen.

Good luck!
Sam

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home