<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Douche Bag of the Week

Friday, April 6, 2012

Douche Bag of the Week

Good Afternoon People,

Hope you are all having, or will have once you get off work, a happy Champagne Friday. Mine is going pretty good, except for one little annoyance. It's my day off today, which means I am busy with errands and house cleaning. One of my errands to day consisted of getting dog food, the pups were on empty. Usually I buy my dog food at the small, family-owned pet stores, but today I just happened to be right next to a Petsmart. I parked my car and as I was getting out I immediately hear a yippy sounding bark. I look around to see if someone is walking in with a pooch, but I realize the car to my right has a Miniature Schnauzer inside.

I sigh and walk over to the car. I stick my hand through the inch-sized crack in the window to feel how warm it is inside. Now, I know it's not a hundred degrees out, but it is a nice seventy-two degrees. On a day such as today that feels cool and breezy with just the right amount of sun, the inside of a vehicle with very little air circulation can get very hot. I eye the poor pup who is heavily panting and make a mental note to myself.

The car was already there for who knows how long before I parked next to it. I was in the store for about ten to fifteen minutes, longer than it usually takes me to grab a bag of dog food. However, I have been thinking about switching it up and was browsing through my choices. Once I had decided on a brand worthy of my pup's stomachs, I headed toward the cash register. I politely asked the check out girl if they do anything about dogs being left in cars, perhaps make an announcement to the store that someone's dog is slowly dying in their car. Okay, that may be an exaggeration for this case, but the girl did respond to my apology for being nosey that it is illegal in California to leave your dog in a car. She assured me they would take necessary steps if the owner still hadn't returned to rescue it's dog within a few minutes.

Only slightly satisfied, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I loaded the dog food in my car and thought for a moment. I briefly contemplated smashing the window so the Mini Schnauzer would have all the air he needed. I quickly reminded myself that I didn't want to go to jail and decided on a more civilized course of action. I grabbed a pen and a blank, empty envelope that had at one time contained my pay check. I wrote down the following:

"It's a little too hot to leave your poor dog in the car with only an inch of air. :( Next time I will call animal control."

I placed the nasty note under the windshield wiper where the culprit would be sure to find it. Next, I grabbed a half-empty water bottle from my car and slowly poured some water into the car through the inch-sized opening. The dog quickly came to taste some of the refreshing liquid. Feeling a little more relieved for the trapped dog, I got into my car and carried on my day.  

Some may wonder why I would care so much. It's not like the dog is going to die. Yes, that's true. I'm sure the dog was and will be fine. It's just such a douche bag move. You are parked outside of a Petsmart for crying out loud! One of the few stores that actually welcomes your dog!!!! Why would you leave him out in the car, in the heat with the windows barely cracked when you could take him inside with you while you browsed the toy aisle? It baffles me. I have left my dogs in the car plenty of times. However, the windows are pretty much all the way down and it's never when my car is parked under the sun on a hot day. It has never been more than five minutes, usually to run in and pay at the gas station. Think people! If you wouldn't leave your baby in the car, don't leave your dog in the car!

Class adjourned,
Sam

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home