<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: I'm Starving!

Friday, June 22, 2012

I'm Starving!

Happy Friday Everyone!

The work week is over. You can say "goodbye" to needy clients and annoying coworkers and say "hello" to your favorite beverage and leisurely activity. Not sure if any of you have noticed, but I have, that I usually write on Fridays. When I realized this, I thought about it for a moment and then decided that it must be the mysterious burst of energy Fridays have been known to give people. When I actually have the weekend off (which I have had a lot of lately, thank you boss!), Fridays are a relief and I don't find myself cringing every time a customers says "Thank God it's Friday, right?". Instead, my whole-hearted "Oh, yeah!" actually feels good, not ironic.

Hope you all have something fun to do this weekend to help you forget your nine-to-five lives for a minute. Today is one of my best friend's birthdays (Happy Birthday Madi!), so we are going to celebrate tonight. It's a good thing I didn't really go over my points at all this week, because all that alcohol is going to cost me. Confused? I'm talking about Weight Watchers, silly! My friend and I just jumped on the Nazi weight-loss band wagon. I have a few friends and family members that already swear by it. I have tried it before back in High School, but I kinda winged it and ended up malnourished and always tired, in bed by seven at night. Now that I actually do need to lose about 10 pounds, I finally gave in.

I will admit, I am not paying for this service. I don't feel bad, WW won't miss my $20 a month. Like a top secret spy I figured out a way to calculate how many points I should get and I use friends and family to find out how many points certain foods are. You may feel this is stealing, but I am poor and let's be honest, I'll probably completely neglect my points-counting routine in a couple of weeks. Anyways, since most of you are women who read this post you probably already know what WW is. For you men (or women who live a charmed-skinny life), WW is a point-based weight loss system in which you are given a certain amount of points you can have each day.

I was very disappointed to discover that every alcoholic drink has at least three points or more. I only get twenty-six points in a day. Am I supposed to skip two meals just so I can have two glasses of wine?! Have no fear, back-up points are here! Well, we get a weekly allowance of back-up points to use if needed. Since I really didn't use any of my back-up points this week, that means I can get as drunk as forty-nine points will get me tonight. Just kidding, mom! I'm not an alcoholic. In all seriousness, it's nice to be able to have a few drinks and not constantly feel the guilt of ruining a week of eating well.

It's funny what lengths we will go to in order to feel good about ourselves. While I do want to loose my belly pooch, I don't want to live a life lacking of flavor. I want to be able to eat that vodka pasta on a date and indulge in fully loaded frozen yogurt. I don't want to think about how many calories are in that cocktail I'm about to drink, but I want to feel good about my body too. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a machine that could just evaporate our body fat? I imagine it would look like a tanning bed. You'd go in naked and come out five pounds skinnier. Aww, what an idea. Someone would make billions. All you science nerds better get on it! I want a profit, it was my idea!

Anyways, I've wandered off. Have a great Friday everyone and don't forget to indulge a little!

Starvingly yours,
Sam

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home