<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Halloween Ready

Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween Ready

It's the first day of October, which means it's finally socially acceptable for me to bust out the Halloween decorations. Even though I have been slowly sneaking up decorations over the past week, now I get to really make the house spooky. I love this time of year. Halloween is lots fun and fall is the most comfortable season (once the temperature drops below 80 degrees and it starts to actually feel like fall), curling up next to the fireplace with a pumpkin spiced latte and a good book. What could be any better?

Only problem, this weather is seriously cramping my fall style. October 1st and the weather app on my phone is telling me it is going to be 97 degrees. What the hell!?! It's officially been fall for about two weeks, yet it feels like the middle of summer....in the desert. I'm ready to retire my sundresses and shorts for the rest of the year and make good use of those jeans and boots. I know a lot of people envy those of us lucky enough to live in Southern California, but it's heat waves like this that get me lusting after a region with actual fluctuating seasons.

I'm not going to let the blazing sun outshine my Halloween spirit. I'm going to finish decorating my house. I'm going to bake those skeleton ginger bread men cookies that I've been dying to make. I'm going to indulge in pumpkin flavored everything. I can't wait for popcorn and Halloween classics like Hocus Pocus and Beetle Juice. After carving pumpkins, Blake and I will season and roast the seeds. I'll be fully stocked and ready for trick-or-treaters.


Theme parks are the best this time of year. They dress everything up to match the holiday. Disney Land is really festive. Pumpkins and candy corn colors deck out the Magic Kingdom. My favorite is the Nightmare Before Christmas themed Haunted House. Knott's Scary Farm always keeps me on my toes, just waiting for one of the ghouls to sneak up and scare the crap out of me. This year we are going to the Queen Mary. The ship is vamped up with scary mazes that take you through the spooky compartments in the underbelly. It's pretty scary and I can't wait!

Just thought I'd spread some Halloween cheer and get you in the spirit. Did it work? If not, maybe this will help: here is a link to 100 free Halloween printables http://momsbyheart.net/100-free-halloween-printables/.
They're pretty cool.

Frightfully yours,
Sam

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home