<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Guess I'm Not Done...

Friday, June 28, 2013

Guess I'm Not Done...

Long time not talk, loyal readers. I know, I know, you are all probably thinking where the hell did she go? I apologize for going dark on you, it's just that I had a lot going on all of the sudden. For a moment, I thought that I no longer needed this blog. Having been MIA for about four months now, I do feel like something is missing.

What is so important and all-time consuming that I could just drop my precious blog without a second thought? I got engaged and am currently planning the wedding of my dreams. I agree, this is no excuse. But between planning my nuptials, working my 9 to 5, trying desperately to keep my book blog going (www.thechicbookworm.com), and writing for a magazine, I have had my hands full. Nevertheless, I have resolved to be more diligent with my responsibilities and promise to never leave you guys hanging again.

So, wedding planning...I will admit it can be just as much fun as it can be frustrating. The big things are done; I have booked my venue, DJ, and photographer. This means that a lot of the stress has disappeared. Now it's on to the fun little details. In fact, tonight Blake and I are doing a walk through of the reception venue and a menu tasting. What could be more fun and exciting!?! The date is December 31, 2013. That's right, we are getting married on New Years Eve. We get to ring in the new year as newlyweds with all of the people we love most. I think it's a genius idea and we simply can't wait.

Okay, that's enough wedding stuff for now. Don't worry, I promise not to overwhelm you with random wedding crap in every post until the wedding. I don't want to bore or annoy you, I know better than that. Instead, you will get what you always have: random posts about whatever happens to be on my mind. Of course there will be little sprinkles of wedding stuff here and there, but can you blame me? I'm only planning on doing this once, thus it is very exciting and I have to get my excitement out somewhere.

Moving on, did you notice those four little words up above "writing for a magazine"? Yup, that's right. I am officially a published writer. Right around the time this blog unexpectedly went dark, I was accepted as a contributing writer for a local magazine, Cigar & Spirits. Not to brag or anything, but the editor liked the sample piece I sent him with my resume so much that he used it instead of another piece. My sample got published in a real print magazine. Needless to say, I was screaming and jumping up and down when I found out; the dogs were a little freaked out. So, now I have been writing articles for this magazine here and there, but I am so eager to find new opportunities. Again, this is where that discipline that I happen to lack at times would come in handy.

Well, now that you are up to speed on things we can move on and get back to our normal routine. I look forward to continuing this writer/reader relationship with you and I hope you do too.

Happy Champagne Friday!

Still yours,
Sam

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home