<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Owl Cupcakes

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Owl Cupcakes

The theme for my niece's first birthday was owls. Owls are very "in" right now, so it was only natural. My contribution to family parties is usually cupcakes. I love to bake them and there are just so many things you can do with them. So, I decided to make owl cupcakes for Ava's party. They are super easy and turned out very cute.

Owl Cupcakes
Photo Creds: Jessie Osirio

I used regular boxed cake mix for the batter. Nothing complicated there. The party colors were baby green and pink, so I got regular vanilla icing and used food dye to get the desired colors. I used orange Reese's Pieces for the owl beaks. For the eyes, I used half an Oreo with a brown Reese's Pieces. 

*Useful Tip: Make sure the tops of the cupcakes are flat as possible. If you need to, use a knife to carefully cut of the raised part of the top of the cupcakes. The Oreos are a bit heavy and will slide off the cupcakes if they aren't flat. 

These easy and adorable cupcakes will be a hit at any baby shower, birthday party, or housewarming party. Enjoy!

Happy Baking, 
Sam 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home