<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Thank You Readers!

Friday, January 17, 2014

Thank You Readers!

Happy Champagne Friday everyone! What will you be toasting to tonight? Come on, there's got to be something worth popping some bubbly for. Remember, it doesn't have to be some huge accomplishment. Did your favorite actress take home a Golden Globe (hello Jennifer Lawrence!)? Did you get a fabulous new hair cut? Praise for your hard work at the office? See, it can be anything.

I have plenty to celebrate this Friday. Among some other awesome things that happened this week, this blog reached over 10,000 views. Nothing astronomical but still pretty cool. To think, my sometimes pointless ramblings have captivated enough attention to reach five digits! I guess I owe a very sincere "thank you" to my loyal readers. After all, because of your curiosity of what I am going to say next I have a reason to get decently buzzed this evening.

In all seriousness, I am very thankful that I have an army of supportive family and friends. My career goal of becoming a self-sustaining writer is not an easy feat and I definitely feel the doubt weighing down on me from time to time. My team of unconditional fans are always there to encourage me to, in the words of my husband, "keep pushing forward". I have to remind myself how lucky I am to have these fabulous supporters in my life.

There is something to be said about anyone following a specific dream. We use the words "dream" and "goal" for a reason. These are things that require a great deal of work and/or luck to achieve. These words are not to be taken lightly. That is why if you ever utter something stupid like "I got my dream job! I'm a telemarketer, isn't that awesome?!", I will have to fight the urge to punch you in the face. Dreams and goals aren't handed out like candy on Halloween. They take patience, discipline, hard work, and maybe a lucky rabbit's foot. I take serious offense to idiots who throw these words around.

This is why I will be celebrating Champagne Friday tonight with a little more enthusiasm. Let me clarify. I stand by my words. Champagne Friday should be used to celebrate anything good that happened during the week. Its a way to unwind and say "I survived another work week". What you toast to can vary from finding the boots you love on sale to getting a promotion. In a nutshell, the degree of celebration can vary when it comes to Champagne Friday, but there should always be something worth a cold flute of bubbles.

Sam & Blake's Engagement Party
Photo Cred: Jessie Osirio
Back to what I was saying about a more enthusiastic Champagne Friday this week. I will be toasting with more vigor tonight as blog's tiny achievement of over 10,000 views is a small victory in my life battle to become a decent writer. It may not be much in the overall spectrum of successful blogging and writing, but it is a step in the right direction. Its a healthy reminder that I am on my way. Slow and steady wins the race, right? God, I hope so. Anyways, cheers to all my loyal readers! If you have no other reason to pop open a bottle of champagne tonight, do so because you helped a budding writer get closer to achieving her dreams. I'll be thinking of all of you tonight when I take that first sip, then I'll get a little buzzed and forget why I was celebrating....just kidding.

Happy Champagne Friday,
Sam

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home