<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Detox Recipes For A Wild Weekend Recovery

Monday, March 31, 2014

Detox Recipes For A Wild Weekend Recovery

I had one of those weekends that keep you hurting until Tuesday. I spent the weekend in Temecula, taking part in my bestie's bachelorette. Festivities included a lot of wine tasting, dirty dancing in a dirty bar, and lots of laughs. Any weekend of nonstop drinking will make you feel like death for a few days and this bachelorette was no exception. It was a ton of fun and well worth it but I don't bounce back as quickly as I used to. 

After the drive home on Sunday, I climbed into bed and didn't get up until my alarm went off Monday morning. Still feeling sluggish on Monday morning, I decided I was in need of a serious detox. I started by doing some research on my go-to, Pinterest. I found three great ways to naturally detox with simple ingredients. This is what I love about Pinterest! Below are three different ways to boost your health after a night of heavy drinking or a weekend of indulging. 



Detox Smoothie From CellaJane.com


After a weekend of fatty foods and alcohol the last thing you want to do is continue to fuel your body with more junk food. This detox smoothie is a Jessica Alba favorite for after a night of one too many drinks. Good for you ingredients include kale, celery, cucumber, fresh peeled ginger, apple, fresh lemon juice, and stevia. This smoothie is rich in antioxidants, has a ton of vitamins, and is high in fiber. This smoothie is a great way to detox from the inside out. 

Photo Cred: CellaJane.com

Detox Face Mask From TheCoconutMama.com


This clay based face mask is recommended by the Coconut Mama as a once a month treatment. It also works great for a nice skin boost after a weekend of heavy make-up. Detox ingredients include bentonite clay, virgin coconut oil, raw honey, and lemon juice. This mask will absorb impurities and will give the skin a deep clean with its antibacterial properties. 

Photo Cred: TheCoconutMama.com

Detox Bath Soak From TriedAndTrueBlog.com


A weekend of nonstop fun will leave you feeling sluggish and run down. When I have that overall hung over feel I instinctively sink into a warm bath. This detox bath soak will make you tired before it will make you feel better, so its recommended that you do this soak right before bed. Drink lots of water beforehand as well as warm salt soaks will make you sweat (you should be hydrating after all that drinking anyways). This bath soak is also a great tool to help fight off a cold. Ingredients include epson salt, sea salt, baking soda, ground ginger, and apple cider vinegar. 

Photo Cred: TriedAndTrueBlog.com

When you just don't feel a hundred percent after a busy weekend or a crazy night out, some detoxing might just be what the doctor ordered. Obviously, I don't have a medical degree and I did nothing more but fish for these home remedies on Pinterest so if you think it's necessary, consult with a real doctor before putting any of these to use. These simple detox recipes have simple ingredients and may just be the trick to pull you out of your weekend coma and recharge your batteries. I love a crazy weekend once in a while, but a good detox will always make me feel better. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home