<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Slim Down: 30 Day Challenge

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Slim Down: 30 Day Challenge

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Easter. I enjoyed one last day of gluttony before I begin a thirty day challenge group, Slim Down for the Summer. It's perfect timing too because I have yet to diet or exercise much since my wedding and I'm really starting to feel sludgy. Sometimes you let yourself get lazy with your healthy habits and they sort of fall to the wayside. After months and months of wedding planning and stress, I allowed myself a break from diet and exercise. Unfortunately, that break has last a lot longer than I intended.

I recently reconnect with an old friend from high school when I commented on one of her many short fitness clips asking if she had a blog, because if she didn't already, she really should. She posts tons of motivating words, health tips, and fitness clips on her Facebook and Instagram accounts. We exchanged a few catch-up emails and soon she invited me to join a health and fitness challenge group that she was putting together. I've never participated in a challenge group before but what better health/fitness plan did I have going on? So, I accepted her invitation and we start today.

As I said, I've never been involved in a challenge group but I must say that so far I'm pretty impressed. Our fearless leader, Elizabeth, has created a private group page on Facebook to act as a home base for all the participants. On this page she has created simply rules to follow and a list of "to-dos" to get us started. Nothing too scary. We need to check in at least once a day with some sort of progress report to help keep us motivated. Our weight, measurements, and a few quick (private) photos will be used to track our accomplishments. A list of nutrition and healthy eating websites have also been provided for our reference.

A screenshot of the
30 day challenge Facebook page. 

I'm excited to get this going. In my "Why" post, I told the group that I just want to feel healthier. I can of course stand to loose some fat, but toning up is what I really have my  heart set on. I also told the group how yoga used to be a regular part of my fitness routine but that it too has fallen to the wayside since my wedding. Another one of my goals is to practice some form of yoga, for however long I can, every day during this challenge and hopefully to continue once it's all said and done. Yoga makes me feel stronger and no matter how cheesy it sounds, melts my stress away.

This 30 day challenge is exactly what I needed to get my health back on track. My goals are simple: practice yoga everyday, tone up, and get all around healthier. Easier said than done though. I'm no fool. I know some days will be easier than others, some days I'll want nothing better than to throw on my pj's and curl up on the couch with some ice cream. That's where the other participants come in. The page is a space for us to motivate each other and hold us accountable. It's team work really. Sometimes you just need positive words from people going through the same thing you are to help you achieve your goals.

Visit Liz's website for health tips, healthy recipe, great workout ideas, and much more!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home