<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Party Theme: Lip Sync Battle

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Party Theme: Lip Sync Battle

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. My weekend consisted of a rescue event, some yoga, and funny videos on YouTube. As I stumbled through a plethora of cute animal videos and such, I came across some hilarious clips from Jimmy Fallon's new show. With some outgoing guests, Jimmy engages in a lip sync battle. What ensues is pretty hilarious, especially when you have petite, delicate, Emma Stone lip-sync rapping "All I Do Is Win" by DJ Khaled.

These epic battles gave me a great idea for a party theme. I have always been a shower singer and have sung my way through many long distance car rides. It's not very pretty, but it is fun. Naturally, karaoke always seems like a good idea to me. I've attempted one karaoke themed birthday party and have unsuccessfully tried to initiate song-singing fun on multiple occasions. It's all to no avail. Aside from one group performance by me and my besties, no one takes the stage.



Jimmy Fallon has graciously and unknowingly given me the solution to my problem. Instead of attempting another pitiful karaoke party where no one has the guts to get up and sing, I'll throw a lip sync battle instead. It's the perfect for solution for people who love to sing but rather not do so in public. You get to act like a rock star without hurting anyone's ears.

Send out invitations or an email invitation letting your guests in on the plan. Tell them to think long and hard about which song they will perform. Each guest will perform a section of a song (more than one song if the crowd is on the smaller side). Pick three guests who may not want to perform and make them judges. Provide the judges with scorecards and let the fun begin. Of course, drinks and appetizers are a must. If your guests show some apprehension or pre-party jitters, send them this video of Emma Roberts and Jimmy Fallon lip sync battling on The Tonight Show. If Emma can rock it, so can you.

I can't wait to throw a lip sync battle of my own. That's right girls, you have this to look forward to in your future!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 12, 2015 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally planning one for the summer! glad I found your page!

 
At March 12, 2015 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Sam Ulmer-Dobson said...

Thanks for the kind words and your readership :)

 
At April 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM , Blogger princezlisa12 said...

Ideas on how to organize a teenage party, lip sync battle? My daughter turns 13 this summer and has selected this as her theme

 
At April 14, 2015 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Sam Ulmer-Dobson said...

Hi princezlisa12! My advice would to be to give each attendee one to two turns (depending on how many kids will attend) and make a roster so there is a set order. I would look for "rockstar" themed party decor/favors on Etsy or Pinterest. Hope this helps and that the party is a success! Thanks for reading :)

 

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home