<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Outdated Sink Makeover

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Outdated Sink Makeover

As you all know, the hubby and I are hard at work turning our dumpy condo into a lovely dwelling. There is a lot of "out with old and in with the new" going on, but that can get expensive real quick. To save costs, I have attempted to salvage anything I can and while there wasn't much that could be saved, the downstairs bathroom sink was workable.

The vanity sink in our downstairs bathroom was sound in structure but hideous in appearance. Instead of tossing it and buying a fancy new one, I decided to give it a makeover. I unplugged the plumbing and dragged it outside with the help of my big strong man. I removed the hardware and sanded the top layer of the worn, ugly brown surface. I dusted off that dust and began to paint. The color, a pretty blue hue that would look great against the freshly painted pale gray paint. Once it was dry, I reattached the hardware (which I'm contemplating changing) and installed the new faucet that Blake bought for me. Just like that I had a new vanity for my guest bathroom, all for the cost of a small can of paint and a faucet at half price.


Sink Makeover

When you are facing a renovation on a budget, little projects like this can really help to soften the blow on your wallet. Look for ways to save around your home before shelling out the big bucks for shiny new things. Sometimes, it just takes some good old fashion elbow grease to turn something old and ugly into something new and fresh. If I can make it work, so can you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home