<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Lush Cosmetics, My New Bath + Body Obsession

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lush Cosmetics, My New Bath + Body Obsession

I very rarely promote products on my blog, that's not really what it's for, but I've stumbled upon a product line that is too good not to share. Apparently I've been living under a rock because this particular company has been around for twenty years. One of my best friends swears by it, says she has been using their products for years. Not sure how I missed that one. Anyways, I was in Vegas for a convention and finally stumbled upon Lush.

Lush Cosmetics

Lush is a cosmetics company in which all the products are handmade using fresh ingredients with as few synthetics as possible. Many products are completely natural with no preservatives or synthetics. Their products come naked (without packaging) or in packaging made from recycled material. They buy from small-scale producer groups all over the world. One of the best things about this company is that they fight against animal testing. They buy their ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals. They do so much more including funding different charity groups through the profit of Charity Pot, a hand and body lotion. To read more about why this company rocks, click here to visit the Lush website. 

Lush Cosmetics


I know this stuff sounds boring, but it's important and makes this company awesome. Now for the fun part. Walking into Lush is like walking into a candy store, except this candy store is filled with natural, luxurious bath and body products. Your sense of smell will be electrified by the many delicious aromas that fill the air of the colorful shop. 

Lush Cosmetics


Try the many lotion bars, soaps, and body butters. Take in the dozens of different bath bombs and bath melts. Lush carries many different hair products, including the first invented shampoo bar. Many colorful cosmetics include solid perfume and delicious lip tint. 

Lush Cosmetics
Lush Face Mask Bar 

Gush over Lush's face mask bar. Each mask is so fresh it must be refrigerated and has a shelf life of just under a month. There are many options to choose from, with different kinds of natural ingredients to provide your skin with different health benefits. I opted to try the Brazened Honey to refresh and brighten my skin.

Lush Cosmetics

Shaving has always sucked for me thanks to sensitive skin. I get unsightly bumps under my arms and razor burn in my bikini area. I asked the very helpful sales associate at Lush for advice. Her name is Erin and she doesn't make commission, or so she said. She suggested my under arm problem could be due in part to store bought deodorant which contains ingredients like aluminum to block pores (yikes!) and store bought shaving cream. So I went with a more natural form of deodorant and a shaving soap made with strawberries. Switching to the new deodorant without perfume and fragrances is a slower process, it takes some getting used to. The shaving soap has won me over with just one use. It required very little, made my skin feel super soft, and made my shaving experience a lot less irritating. I highly recommend it. 



One of their most popular products, Lush soaps are made with essential oils, fresh fruit, and vegetables among other things. There are many different colors, scents, and textures to choose from. They are rumored to last long and for an added bonus, they're pretty. 



For quality products with fresh ingredients, you'd think such an obsession would be detrimental to your budget. I was pleasantly surprised to find most of their products pretty reasonably priced. You could go to other bath and body stores and spend the same if not more. I rather buy natural and innovative products that aren't tested on my beloved animal friends.  








Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home