<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: The Prettiest Popcorn I've Ever Seen

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Prettiest Popcorn I've Ever Seen

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a popcorn addict. My husband will tell you that I can easily eat popcorn everyday. I had a popcorn bar at my wedding, for crying out loud! So, there it is. I have a strange affliction for popcorn and I don't have the slightest clue as to how it happened. All I know is that I love it and I love trying new flavors and concoctions.

The other day, I came across what looked like the prettiest popcorn I've ever seen. You see, I follow Lauren Conrad's blog or should I say "her company's blog" on Instagram. Everything they post is pretty, everything. So far, it is the only post of theirs that has inspired me to actually visit her website. I just had to get my hands on that recipe. It's clear to see what my priorities are.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time just yet to break out my cooking tools and create this amazing piece of heaven. I still feel that it needs to be shared. Of course I will update you with my final comments once the taste tests have been completed. For now, here's the recipe and should you decide to whip the pretty popcorn up before I do...sharing is caring.

Cake Batter Popcorn
Photo Cred: www.laurenconrad.com

Lauren Conrad's Cake Batter Popcorn

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
  • 1 cup melting white chocolate
  • 1/2 cup dry boxed yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
Instructions:
  1. Use your preferred method to pop the kernels. I like to use my air popper because it's easier and healthier. (Haha! It will be healthy until you slather all that goodness on it.) Once your corn is popped, spread it out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  2. Melt the white chocolate in a microwavable safe bowl and then add the cake mix to the melted chocolate. 
  3. Pour the chocolate/cake batter mix over the popcorn and mix until popcorn is evenly coated. 
  4. Add sprinkles and mix once more. Let sit at room temperature until hardened (about 15 minutes).
  5. Enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home