<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: My Everyday Beauty Essentials

Thursday, September 25, 2014

My Everyday Beauty Essentials

So, I've been wanting to add more consistency and organization to this blog. One way to do that is to have themed posts for a certain day of the week. Think along the lines of "Man Crush Monday" via Instagram. I thought it would be fun (and would help me stay on a schedule) to do a "Fab Five" post every Friday.

My idea was to post five things I love every Friday. Sounds random, huh? Well, allow me to add some order to this routine. Each Friday I will feature a different category. For example, maybe one Friday I feature five of my favorite dog related products and another Friday covers my favorite accessories. The options are limitless. Why wait? Here's my first Fab Five Friday, enjoy :)

Everyday Beauty Essentials


1. Olay All Day Moisturizer With Sunscreen
Ever since I started noticing the appearance of those slight brown spots on my face, I realized that my skin is no longer fresh and effortless. In a last ditch effort to prevent and combat wrinkles and dark spots on my precious face, I made a resolution to never leave the house without applying a thorough layer of moisturizer with SPF. I like Olay because once it dries it doesn't feel heavy or greasy as other moisturizers can. It's light weight and never causes breakouts.

2. Tom's Natural Deodorant in Wild Lavender
Obviously it's a big no-no to leave the house with smelly pits. I've always had extremely sensitive armpits. I constantly battled with underarm bumps and breakouts, they were painful and irritating. I tried numerous different things; all natural shaving cream, deodorant from Lush Cosmetics, I even went a few weeks sans any deodorant at all. No matter what I did, my pits would always suffer the price. I stumbled across Tom's Natural Deodorant at Target while carefully studying the deodorant section and I decided it was worth a shot. Since I began using this deodorant a few weeks ago, my pits have been bump-less and free of breakouts. I prefer the Wild Lavender scent over the scentless because you need some sort of scent to mask or dim the stench of your underarms.

3. Burt's Bees Lip Balm
I love Burt's Bees. Blake included a variety pack of balms in my Christmas stocking one year and I've been hooked ever since. I have them scattered throughout my life, in my make-up drawer, in my car, in my purse. I love the minty wake-up call it gives my lips, all while making them silky smooth. It's also a perfect topper for a simple lip stain. If you want smooth lips, incorporate Burt's Bees into your daily life.

4. Lucky You Perfume by Lucky Brand
I've never been a huge perfume girl. During my high school years, I was gifted a bottle of Lucky You brand perfume. I used it until it was gone and then moved on to the next perfume I was gifted. Like I said, I wasn't a big on perfume. It was never on my list to buy. As things often come around full circle, my grandmother randomly got me another bottle last Christmas and I've been using it ever since. I've decided that it is my favorite of all the perfumes I've tried. It's a subtle mix of citrus and floral notes that is far from overbearing. It works for day and night.

5. Each Peach Massage Bar by Lush Cosmetics
I am obsessed with Lush's massage bars. My favorite is Each Peach. I love the citrus scent and the light silky feel on my skin. I use it from head to toe for a brightening pick-me-up. It's great for a fresh start in the morning or a massage before bed. The custom tin makes it easier to keep my bar clean in between uses.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home