<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Tri-Tip Caesar Salad

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tri-Tip Caesar Salad

I'm doing my best to eat healthier and, for the good stuff, in moderation. Being married makes that seem like an unfeasible feat. I love my husband but he is constantly trying to shove deliciously fattening food down my throat. What can I say? He loves me so much that he is willing to share his fattiest foods with me. Here's the problem with that, I gain weight easier and faster than he ever will. It's not fair, it sucks, blah blah blah. So, in trying to eat healthier the other challenge has been cooking meals that satisfy my man's beastish nutrition needs, but that are guilt-free for me.

My husband has the appetite of a teenage jock going through puberty, it's practically never satisfied. While he will try to eat healthy sometimes, for now he has the leisure of stuffing his face with In & Out cheese burgers and animal style, cheese-topped fries without consequence. Of course that will most likely change in ten years, but for now I see him grimace every time I reach for turkey bacon instead of the real thing at the grocery store. Needless to say, compromise can be difficult. The trick is to come up with recipes that can be hearty for him and modifiable into healthy for me.

Enter salads. I know given the chance, my husband would take a hundred different meals over a salad any day of the week. Here's the thing he is just now coming around to realize: salads can be hearty and filling too. Last Saturday evening, my friend, Devin came over to make and have dinner with us. She brought all the fixings and we shared the task of prepping and cooking. We concocted a very filling salad that even satisfied Blake's hunger. With her permission, I am going to share the recipe with all of you.

Tri-Tip Caesar Salad

This delicious salad tops fresh and crunchy greens with sliced seasoned tri-tip. Now to make this meal for a man with a bigger-than-life appetite, it's topped with shaved parmesan cheese, garlic and herb croutons, and romano caesar dressing. If you want to cut down on the calories for yourself, skip the croutons, use light or fat-free dressing, go easy on the parmesan. All the ingredients we used came from Trader Joe's just because it's our fav. Throw together this super easy salad for a deliciously satisfying meal. Oh, and don't forget the wine! (Recipe credit to my friend, Devin. Serves 4.)

Tri-Tip Caesar Salad

The Fixings

*1 pound or package of seasoned/marinated tri-tip.
*1 package of romaine hearts. 
*1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese (or more if you fancy).
*1 cup mini heirloom tomatoes, halved. 
*A handful or two of garlic and herb croutons.
*Caesar dressing to taste.

The How-To

Tri-Tip: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a nonstick skillet, sear all sides of the tri-tip. Once seared, bake in oven for 45 minutes or until done.Thinly slice the cooked tri-tip.  

Salad: Wash and chop romaine hearts and place in large serving bowl. Top with tomato halves, croutons, and dressing. Toss all together. Top with tri-tip and shaved parmesan. Serve with warmed garlic bread, you won't regret it. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home