<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: 5 Books To Empower Women Everywhere

Friday, October 10, 2014

5 Books To Empower Women Everywhere

It's that time again, time to stock up on some reading material. I've been feeling inspirational lately, not as in I am an inspiration to others but more of a need for inspiration. Nothing does this better than a few good reads by women, about women, and for women. After all, "who run the world?" That's a Beyonce reference for those of you who don't know. Anyways, here are five fabulous books to fuel your "girl power". Enjoy.

books to empower women


1. #GIRLBOSS
5 Books to Empower Women

If you want inspiring in a kick-ass from scratch to success story, look no further. Sophia Amoruso's book "#GIRLBOSS" is part autobiography, part self-help/advice. Sophia uses her own story, from being a misfit teen, selling a stolen book on Ebay to becoming the CEO of her own clothing company, to share her wisdom of how to conquer the business world as a women. Her book is smart, funny, and sassy. Learn how to kick ass and take names, just like Sophia.

2. If You Have To Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You

5 Books to Empower Women

Kelly Cutrone offers brutally honest advice for young professional women in "If You Have To Cry, Go Outside". She shares her stories, personal and professional, to provide the reader with the know-how for discovering what you want and how to go out and get it. If you want to be a female powerhouse, read this media maven's memoir-style advice. 

3. Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either

5 Books to Empower Women

We've all heard of (and some of us have actually read it) "He's Just Not That Into You" from the writers of Sex and the City, the no-holds-barred advice book aimed to give women the tough-love approach about the men who obviously don't really like them. It's a bit harsh, but true. "Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either" looks at the issue from the other side, reminding women of why they deserve better than Joe Douche-Bag. Dr. Ian Kerner, sex therapist, uses a bit of humor and a lot of honesty to give women the know-how to stop that bad-date, booty call cycle. 

4. Bossypants

5 Books To Empower Women

I couldn't have been more annoyed by that whole "ban the word 'bossy'" movement started by bored PTA moms a while back. Don't they have anything better to do? I get called "bossy" all the time, ever since I was a little girl, because I am bossy. For good reason too. As a manager of a small company where men easily outnumber women, I have to be bossy. Tina Fey's hilarious memoir reminds us all that it's okay to be called "bossy", in fact, it's a compliment. 

5. The Champagne Diet: Eat, Drink, & Celebrate Your Way To A Healthy Mind And Body

5 Books To Empower Women

Okay, full disclosure, I haven't actually read this one yet (its on my list and in my amazon shopping cart as we speak). Hear me out before knocking me for promoting a book I haven't yet read. Somehow, I stumbled across Cara Alwill Leyba's Instagram account and instantly became interested in her and her work after becoming a follower. First off, I love me some good bubbly, you all know that. Hello, Champagne Fridays! Second, everything Cara, a certified life coach, preaches, resonates as truth for me personally. Her book is about loving yourself and your body. It's not a diet book, it's more like a lifestyle guide for a realistic healthy life while still accepting who you are. Follow her on Instagram, @thechampagnediet, for daily reminders of how awesome you are. 



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home