<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Fall Favorites

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Fall Favorites

So Fall is officially here, even though it still feels like the dog days of summer here in Southern California. I've been ready for cooler weather for weeks now but this heat keeps coming back to bite us in the ass right when we think it's beginning to let up. Fall is my comfort zone for many good reasons. Despite the relentlessness of this tank-top weather, I'm getting ready for those brisk mornings, cool afternoons, and fireside evenings ahead. This "Fab Five Friday" is all about my Fall favorites.


Fall Favorites

1. Fall Scented Candles

Every year I look forward to the day in late summer when the retailers start stocking seasonal crap. In the Fall, it's the candles I load up on. I always give a good smell test in the store before committing to a particular brand or scent. This year my favorite Fall scent is definitely  Glade Pumpkin Pie Diner Candle. I've been burning this one at home and work for weeks now. Gives the house a spiced and cozy atmosphere. 

2. Fall Spices 

You may be scratching your head at this one, but it's true. Fall is the only acceptable time of year to throw cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and other spices in just about every recipe you can think of. I sprinkle a bit of cinnamon in my coffee and tea, I make spiked cider with cloves and star anise pods among other spices, I add pumpkin spice to just about every baked good. You can even throw all these spices together with some water and citrus and boil for a Fall fragrance that will take over your home. 

3. Boots

I freakin love tall boots. They are comfy but still give your look that fashionable feel. Fall is the time to break those boots out from the back of your closet, dust them off and wear them as much as possible. You only have a few months of boot weather, use them wisely. I love brown and tan colored flats like these  Madden Girl boots.

4. Heated Blankets

Once the weather actually brings chills, I run cold, much colder than my husband. So I always keep a heated throw around the house during the Fall and Winter months. It's the perfect amount of warmth for me and a little extra I can share with the hubby if he's feeling a bit chilly himself. It also helps cut down electricity costs. Use one these little babies instead of your heater and you're good to go. Just remember to always turn it off! I like this Sunbeam Heated Chevron Throw for a modern look and comfy feel. 

5. Body Lotion

Cold weather brings dry skin, it's a tale as old as time. Use this festive time of year to splurge on some seasonal body lotion. I like Bath & Body Works Brown Sugar & Fig Body Butter from their Autumn collection. It's a nice Fall scent that I haven't already overdone (like pumpkin) and it's very rich and moisturizing. Apply after the shower, before bed, or in the morning for a seasonal fragrance to last you all day. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home