<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Pumpkin Spiced Cupcake with Cinnamon Vanilla Frosting

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Pumpkin Spiced Cupcake with Cinnamon Vanilla Frosting

This Sunday is one of my dearest friend's birthday. I always like to do something personable for my friends and family when it comes to gift giving or celebrating. Jessie takes full advantage of her October birthday by loving everything pumpkin. I found this as the perfect opportunity to whip up a batch of pumpkin spiced cupcakes. To make them even yummier, I spruced up the frosting by adding cinnamon. The result was a melt in your mouth, decadent pastry.

pumpkin spiced cupcakes

I usually get a lot of compliments on my cupcakes. It's super flattering and I love to hear it, but I have to admit that I'm cheating. No illusions, I'm not at home with an apron neatly tied around me with rolling pin in hand baking from scratch. Although occasionally I will bake certain things from scratch, cupcakes aren't one them. That's right, I use good old fashioned box cake mix. I can just imagine the gasps from proud stay at home mommies everywhere, for shame! To all you gourmet chefs out there, don't get your knickers in a bunch. I'm okay with using a boxed mix as a platform. For us less talented cooks, we could use a little help and I don't see any shame in that.

Anyways, I used standard yellow cake mix and vanilla frosting. I added a few teaspoons of pumpkin spice to the cake batter and made sure to mix it in well. To the frosting I added a about a teaspoon or so of cinnamon, I sprinkled and stirred until I got the desired amount. You can adjust the amounts of spices to adhere to your taste buds. Some people like a lot of spiced flavor and others only want a hint. These cupcakes go great with hot chocolate, tea, and even your morning coffee. Enjoy!

pumpkin spiced cupcakes

*Cupcake Tip- I never leave my cupcakes in the oven for the full suggested time. Once they start to darken on top, they loose moisture. The secret to really good cupcakes is too keep them moist. Leave them in the oven too long and all the moisture dissipates. I take my cupcakes out when they are still relatively light in color on top and seem a tiny bit jiggly. Always use a toothpick to test a few of the cupcakes. Gently slide a toothpick into the top of a cupcake and pull out. If the toothpick comes out clean, you can pull those puppies out of the oven. Let them sit for a while to cool and firm up a bit before icing. If the toothpick comes out with what appears to be wet batter, they need a few more minutes. Watch closely though! They can start to brown fast. 



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home