<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Top 5 Affordable Champagnes

Friday, October 24, 2014

Top 5 Affordable Champagnes

Champagne Friday is my favorite day of the week, when the hubby and I get to pour a cold glass of bubbly and talk about our weekly success stories or if nothing else, our weekly survivor stories. We kiss, we toast, and we sip. Champagne Friday is just an awesome tradition and if you are new to my blog and a bit clueless on this notion, click here for the 411.

Like I was saying, Champagne Friday is one of my favs so it's only natural to dedicate this week's Fab Five Friday to that delicious, bubbly beverage that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Let's take a look at some of the best and affordable (because I'm poor and chances are, so are you) champagnes.


1. Moet & Chandon Imperial ($50)

This is the priciest bottle on my list, but in the world of Champagne it's relatively cheap. This champagne goes down easy with fruity flavors and a smooth yet crisp finish.

2. Veuve Clicquot Brut ($40)

Veuve was my wedding champagne and my celebratory "we bought our first home" champagne. So, my attachment may be sentimental. It's refreshingly crisp with flavors of apricot, peach, and vanilla.

3. La Marca Prosecco ($20)

Okay, so this isn't technically champagne, but hear me out. When you want a tasty flute of bubbles but don't want to fork over the cash, this prosecco hits the nail on the head. It's light and a bit more creamy than the others on this list. It's my go-to when bottom-shelf champagne just won't cut it. 

4. Veuve Ambal Brut ($15)

Light and zesty with notes of citrus, this bottle champagne really gives you bang for your buck. It's got a sharper taste with a subtle sweetness to it. Not bad for under $20. 

5. Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut ($10)

This is my champagne equivalent to the "two-buck-chuck" wine. When the purse strings are super tight, you can't go wrong with a simple and affordable bottle of bubbly. 

What's your go-to champagne?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home