<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Holiday Shopping List {Free Printable}

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Holiday Shopping List {Free Printable}

It's exactly five weeks until Christmas and holy crap, I haven't shopped for a single gift. Yikes! Needless to say, it's time to get a move on. However, I can't just dive into Christmas shopping all willy nilly. I've got to have a plan of execution and that means making a list. Every year I find a random scrap of paper and start jotting down the names of family and friends who will be getting something better than a lump of coal. Well, at least they will from me, but I don't speak for Santa (Ho, ho, ho!). Anyways, this list doesn't leave my purse until all the shopping is done and all the gifts have been received.

The list really is important for me, just as it is for Santa. With dozens of family members from my side and Blake's, plus the many close friends we are grateful to have, it's necessary to have a system to stay organized. The list starts with names of recipients. Writing them all out helps me make sure I don't accidently leave anyone out. That would be uncomfortable and awkward and no one wants that. Then, I like to jot down gift ideas for each individual. This helps me brainstorm and allows me to make a map and schedule of shops and stores in my head for shopping day. I painstakingly record the cost of each gift so I can better manage my gift budget. Last but not least, I allow myself the simple pleasure of checking off each person when their gift has been purchased and wrapped. It really does make the whole gift-giving process a little bit easier.


Holiday Shopping List Free Printable


That scrap paper list has turned into a more formal list as the years have gone by. Now, I've created a blank template that I can use year after year. It's simple and to the point. Since it's the season of giving, I'm going to share my template with all of you. Click this link for my free holiday gift list. May this small gift bring even the tiniest bit of structure to your holiday madness.

Cheers!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Cynthia Duarte said...

Love this. Need this. Printing now! Thanks!

 
At November 20, 2014 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Elissa L. said...

Perfect! And a great reminder to get my butt in gear!

 
At December 8, 2014 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Sam Ulmer-Dobson said...

Thanks for the kudos! Glad this will come in handy for you :)

 
At December 8, 2014 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Sam Ulmer-Dobson said...

Thanks for the read! Happy shopping :)

 

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home