<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://samdobsonwrites.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sam Dobson Writes: Health Benefits Of Lemon Water

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Health Benefits Of Lemon Water

I love coffee, so much so that on any given weekday I'd easily drink a few cups a day. A normal morning consisted of one cup while I got ready for work and then another two to three cups once I got to work. I know, I know, that's a lot of coffee. All that coffee never did much to make me feel any more energized. I'm convinced the cravings were all in my head, it was all mental. Recently I started to cut back on the coffee.

That's right, I've cut down to just one cup in the morning while I get ready for work. What?! I'm not quitting altogether. After all, I'm only human. One cup is a good balance, it's doable. Instead of sipping on coffee all morning long, I've been drinking lemon water. I've always enjoyed a cold glass of lemon water but it was never a daily habit, until now. It may be all psychological, but I feel a little more energized than I used to. I've always heard that lemon water is good for you but I never put much thought into it. Turns out, my new citrus habit has loads of health benefits.

Health benefits of lemon water

Flushes Out The Toxins

Lemon juice can help cleanse your system (liver, kidneys, and gallbladder) by enhancing enzymes and stimulating your liver. In fact, the liver can make more enzymes out of lemon than any other food. Time to start treating your liver right, now that those partying-college days are behind you.

Boosts Your Immune System 

Lemons are chocked full of vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C will give your immune system a little boost and may even help relieve the effects of stress. Who couldn't use a little stress reliever during a hard day's work? Oh, and potassium helps produce red blood cells, reduce free radicals, control blood pressure, and stimulates brain and nerve function.

Fights Viral Infections

My husband always loads up on lemons when one of us is feeling under the weather. Warm lemon water can help fight sooth soar throats and other viral infections. Plus, I just pointed out how lemon juice can boost your immune system. Seems like a no-brainer.

Decreases Inflammation

Lemon water can help reduce acidity in your body, mainly uric acid in your joints, which is the main cause for inflammation. People suffering from inflammatory conditions such as asthma or arthritis can benefit from adding lemon water to their daily diet.

Improves Skin Condition

Lemon water can help prevent wrinkles (promotes collagen production), decrease blemishes, and keeps the skin refreshingly hydrated all thanks to the loads of vitamin C in that lemon juice. Seeing a pattern yet?

Helps You, Um, Stay Regular

That's right, lemon water can help you poop when your tummy isn't quite right. Lemon juice can help flush your digestive track and encourage the production of bile. This can alleviate an upset stomach due to constipation and help keep you regular.

Promotes Overall Wellness

Many experts agree that drinking lemon water can keep you feeling energetic, hydrated, and refreshed. Use this citrus as a tool to help curb your caffeine habit and your appetite when trying to maintain a healthy weight.

health benefits of lemon water


Side note: Lemon is a citrus and citrus can break down the enamel on your teeth over time. If you are drinking lemon water frequently with high amounts of lemon juice, rinse or brush after drinking. 

The goal is to stay healthy, body and mind. If you feel healthy physically, you feel happy mentally. Lemon water may be an effect aid in getting yourself to that point. Whether you use it fight a cold or to stay hydrated, the many benefits of lemon water can give you a wellness boost.

Do you drink lemon water? What sort of health benefits do you notice when consuming this citrus water on the regular?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think, ask me a question, or just say "hi". Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home